Letters to Charles Wickham Moore, circa 1949-1982
The collection includes 115 letters from Georgia O'Keeffe to Charles Wickham "Wick" Moore relating to their personal friendship.
- Collection No.
- circa 1949-1982
- 0.42 linear feet
The collection is arranged chronologically.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The letters from Georgia O'Keeffe to Charles Wickham "Wick" Moore relate to their personal friendship. Among the letters are three postcards with images of O'Keeffe's Abiquiu property on the front and one photograph of the Rio Chama.
- Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
- Preferred Citation
- Letters to Charles Wickham Moore, ca. 1949-1982. Georgia O'Keeffe Museum.
- Acquisition Information
- This collection was donated to the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in 2006 by Frances Moore Gagarin.
- Processing Information
- Processing of the collection was completed by Elizabeth Ehrnst in 2010.
CONDITIONS GOVERNING ACCESS AND USE
- Legal status note
- The collection of letters is the physical property of the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum holds rights to materials given to the Museum with such rights specifically assigned. The collection is subject to all copyright laws. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply. Contact the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum Archivist for further copyright and publication information as it pertains to this collection.
- Allowed Uses
- The collection is open to the public for research purposes.
- Copy and reproduction restrictions
- Copies of print materials may be made for research purposes only.
The original letters from Charles Wickham Moore to Georgia O'Keeffe are located in the Alfred Stieglitz / Georgia O'Keeffe Archive, Yale Collection of American Literature at the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.