Georgia O'Keeffe School Photographs, 1903 and 1904
Collection consists of three black and white photographs of Georgia O'Keeffe, between 1903 and 1904.
- Collection No.
- 1903 and 1904
- 1.0 linear feet
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
Collection consists of three photographs of Georgia O'Keeffe: a school portrait of O'Keeffe dated 1903-09-16, a group photograph of Beta Chapter of Kappa Delta, inscribed with "Basket Ball" and names of group members, dated "1903-04", and a group photograph of Kappa Delta in formal dress inscribed with names of group members, dated "1903-04". Photos were probably taken while O'Keeffe was attending Chatham Episcopal Institute.
BIOGRAPHICAL AND HISTORICAL NOTE
Kappa Delta Sorority was founded in 1897 on the beliefs of "good fellowship, friendship and sisterly love among its members; the encouragement of literature and education; the promotion of social interest; and the furtherance of charitable and benevolent purposes". Georgia O'Keeffe was a member of the sorority.
- Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
- Preferred Citation
- Georgia O'Keeffe School Photographs, ca. 1903-1904. Georgia O'Keeffe Museum.
- Acquisition Information
- These materials were donated to the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in April 2005 by Haile Parker McCollum on behalf of the family of Judith Maury Tice.
- Processing Information
- Processing of the collection was completed by Elizabeth Ehrnst in 2010.
CONDITIONS GOVERNING ACCESS AND USE
- Legal status note
- The collection is the physical property of the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. The collection is subject to all copyright laws. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply. Contact the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum Archivist for further copyright and publication information as it pertains to this collection.
- Allowed Uses
- The collection is open to the public for research purposes.
- Copy and reproduction restrictions
- Copies of materials may be made for research purposes only.