Claudia O'Keeffe Papers, circa 1890-1980s, undated
This collection includes 137 letters from Georgia O'Keeffe to Claudia O'Keeffe and a collection of O'Keeffe Family photographs. Accruals from 2019 include a drawing and a ribbon bookmark.
- Collection No.
- circa 1890-1980s, undated
- 3.33 linear feet
Series arrangement is by media type. Within the series materials are arranged chronologically.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The collection consists of letters from Georgia O'Keeffe to Claudia O'Keeffe, her younger sister, and photographic material. The letters date from 1938 to 1968 and are primarily written from Abiquiu, New Mexico. Topics include exhibitions of O'Keeffe's work, travel, the handling of Alfred Stieglitz's estate, Claudia O'Keeffe's health and finances, and O'Keeffe's daily activities. Photographic material includes a photographic album consisting of mostly O'Keeffe family photographs, dating from approximately 1905 to 1917. Also included are twenty-four loose photographs mostly of O'Keeffe family members dating from circa 1890 to the 1980s. Artwork includes a drawing and a ribbon bookmark with beaded text, "To my mother."
- Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
- Preferred Citation
- Claudia O'Keeffe Papers, ca. 1890-1980s. Georgia O'Keeffe Museum.
- Acquisition Information
- This collection was purchased by the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in 1999.
- Processing Information
- Processing of this collection was completed by Elizabeth Ehrnst in 2010 and revised in 2014. The letters and loose photographs were digitized in 2010. This collection was revised again in 2019 by Ashley Baranyk.
CONDITIONS GOVERNING ACCESS AND USE
- Legal status note
- The collection is the physical property of the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. The collection is subject to all copyright laws. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply. Contact the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum Archivist for further copyright and publication information as it pertains to this collection.
- Allowed Uses
- The collection is open to the public for research purposes. Some materials fragile and require handling by Archivist.
- Copy and reproduction restrictions
- Photocopies of materials may be made for research purposes only.